After your work out it is recommended to do a couple of cool down exercises to help relax the muscles and joints to prevent strains and injuries. Here are two common Chi Kung warm down exercises.
Rotate the Hips
Put your hands on your hips and turn the waist clockwise and anti-clockwise for half a minute each way.
- Go into a wider stance (horse-riding stance)
- (Note: tighten your bowel muscles throughout this exercise)
- Form loose fists and raise both arms to the left side, then flinging them down towards the centre.
- Open your hands as they reach the centre, fingers pointing down, breathing out as you do so.
- Now raise the fists to the right side and repeat the cycle 30 times.