Coaching is something we are all familiar with. World-class athletes get to the top of their profession with the support of their coaches. CEOs, entrepreneurs, business leaders, executives and business professionals also get their edge with the help of business coaches.
But what do I mean by Life Coaching? And what is it like working with me?
What is Life Coaching?
In a nutshell, a life coach (that’s me) helps you maximise your full potential to reach your desired results. Think of a coach as a supportive friend and a trusted adviser all rolled into one. The coach pushes you to identify your goals, holds you accountable and provides support throughout your journey to become a better version of yourself.
Life coaching is distinct from simply giving advice, counselling, mentoring and therapy. You hire a coach to help you with specific professional projects, personal goals and transitions you wish to make in life.
Why would you work with a Life Coach?
There are three primary pillars that life coaching falls into which map onto the energy spiral shown right:
- You are facing a Challenge
(here, you will be experiencing low energy; 8-22)
- You have an Ambition
(here, you will be experiencing higher energy; 3-7)
- You have a Calling
(here, you will be seeking fulfilment on a more holistic level; 1-2)
These three pillars can be in any section of what I call the “Wheel of Life” (see the menu links for more content relevant to each section) or span multiple sections. But most issues can be traced to one of these pillars.
A few examples of things you may be facing include:
- You’re experiencing self-destructive habits like emotional drinking or overeating
- You suffer from stinking thinking and negative self-talk
- You’re facing a major life change or have already undergone a stressful event
- You suffer from fear of failure that keeps you from reaching your goals
- You can’t seem to summon the motivation to stay on track
As my background is also extensive in business (having formed and grown three companies) I can work with you in more targeted areas to help you with business issues to create high performing teams, better growth, personnel issues, and so on.
What are Life Coaching Benefits?
Research shows that coaching plus training is a far more effective combination than training alone. Training can increase productivity by 22.4%, but when combined with weekly life coaching, productivity is boosted by 88%.
The exact benefits you will experience will vary as each coaching program is tailored to your specific needs, but here are some examples:
- Identifying your core values
- Gain clarity on your goals and define a vision for your success
- Creating professional and/or personal growth plans
- Starting a new business or growing an existing one
- Getting a promotion
- Identifying limiting beliefs
- Developing financial independence
- Achieving your desired work/life balance
- Improving relationships and communication skills
- Achieving weight loss and/or fitness goals
- Managing an important life or business transition
How do I Work?
My goal is to work in partnership with you to create a roadmap and solve issues you may be facing. The work can be delivered remotely via Zoom or telephone and is supported by materials which can be sent via email when needed. Face-to-face meetings will resume when we are permitted to do so.
- Step 1: We will create a map of the territory so we understand the issue.
- Step 2: We will define the journey we will take to resolve the issue.
- Step 3: Take the journey.
- Step 4: Stop.
My goal is to create a lasting change so that you have a solution which you can adopt and use in your life. You will gain new perspectives and ‘level up’ your approach and, once the work is complete, not need to keep coaching. The length of the time we spend together will depend on two things:
- The scope of the challenge, ambition or calling that you need help with
- Your willingness to do the work required
The shortest time could be 1 hour of work, though we would usually work for 4, 8 or 12 weeks to move the area forward. Longer retainers are available if you want more help in more areas but I would not recommend longer bookings as I want you to (a) succeed, and (b) be happy with the work we do together.
Before we start, I will ask you to fill in a brief questionnaire to set some intentions and we can then schedule the session or sessions. The best frequency is weekly, but bi-weekly sessions are also possible. Not everybody can commit an hour each week, but you will also get results from momentum by committing to weekly sessions.
Do you like what you have read? Get in touch today or book a free call to discuss things in more depth.